Chiropractic Care For Neck PainA natural, drug-free way to avoid and relieve neck pain.
Are you suffering from neck pain? If so, you are certainly not alone. There are lots of people who deal with neck pain on a regular basis. Some people suffer from chronic neck pain while other people suffer from acute neck pain. Regardless, it is important to make sure your symptoms are addressed comprehensively by a trained chiropractor in Raleigh North Carolina. Chiropractic care for neck pain is helpful, and it may be able to help you avoid additional complications and side effects. What are a few examples of how chiropractic care can be helpful, and what are a few examples of common causes of neck pain? Keep reading to learn more.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
Similar to other medical conditions, there are numerous causes of neck pain. A few potential reasons why you may suffer from neck pain include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is one of the most common causes of neck pain. Whiplash commonly develops following a motor vehicle accident, an injury that forces the neck to move back and forth quickly. This can lead to neck pain and stiffness, making it difficult for someone to turn their head from side to side.
- Pinched Nerve: A pinched nerve is another potential cause of neck pain. This can lead to shooting pains that travel from the neck down into the arm. When a nerve is compressed, it has a difficult time sending proper signals, leading to neck pain and other neurological issues.
- Muscle Strain: It is also possible for someone to develop neck pain following a muscle strain. This can lead to muscular knots that present as aches, stiffness, and soreness.
Even though there are a few common symptoms regarding neck pain, different conditions can present in different ways.
How Does Neck Pain Present?
There are several common symptoms of neck pain. These include:
- You may notice that you have a difficult time moving your head from side to side.
- You may notice you have a hard time moving your head up and down.
- Neck pain can lead to shooting or stabbing pains that travel from the neck to other parts of the body.
- You might have a difficult time looking at your phone, reading a book, or driving a car.
- Neck pain can even make it hard for you to fall asleep at night.
For all of these reasons, it is important to see a chiropractor as soon as possible. That way, neck pain can be diagnosed and treated quickly.
How Does a Chiropractor Diagnose Neck Pain?
There are several ways a chiropractor can diagnose neck pain. Usually, the first step is to meet with the patient personally. A chiropractor will talk to you to learn more about the history of your neck pain. They will want to figure out if your neck pain is chronic or acute. Then, a chiropractor will perform a detailed physical exam with x-rays (if needed), figuring out where in your neck your pain is coming from. Different physical exam procedures can help chiropractors figure out what condition you are suffering from. This is important in making sure you develop a comprehensive treatment plan to not only get out of pain but to also work toward correcting the root problem. And the nice thing is instead of going with a one-size-fits-all approach, your local chiropractor will customize the treatment plan to meet your specific requirements.
Chiropractic Treatment Options for Neck Pain
There are several treatment options a chiropractor may use to treat your neck pain. Examples include massage therapy, acupuncture, and physical therapy. However, a chiropractor’s main treatment option is chiropractic adjustments which are administered to make sure your spine is properly aligned. Using a series of physical thrusts, your chiropractor will make sure the vertebrae in your neck are in the correct positions. This will give your body the foundation it needs to recover naturally. It might take several visits to the chiropractor to get your neck pain to go away; however, a chiropractor will make sure that he or she not only treats your discomfort but also prevents it from coming back. This can go a long way toward preventing complications and side effects and put you on the path to optimal health.
Rely on a Chiropractor in Raleigh North Carolina To Treat Your Neck Pain
This is a brief overview of how neck pain may present in various people. Even though you have multiple options available for the treatment of neck pain, you should consider chiropractic care first before progressing to more invasive treatment options. Even if you have gone to the emergency room following a motor vehicle accident, this is only the first step in the treatment process. You need to rely on a chiropractor who can help you complete the treatment process, restoring your range of motion, flexibility, and neck function. A chiropractor is able to not only treat the symptoms but also prevent them from coming back in the future. Reach out to a chiropractor in Raleigh today to learn more about your treatment options. If you don’t have one, give us a call. We’re here to help!