Chiropractic Care for Back Pain In RaleighA natural solution to relieve and manage back pain.
If you are suffering from back pain in Raleigh, North Carolina, it is important to reach out to a chiropractor who can help you. At Osborne Chiropractic, we have a tremendous amount of experience dealing with a wide variety of back pain issues, and it would be our pleasure to help you as well. You might think that you need to take prescription medications or undergo a dangerous surgical procedure, but this is not always the case. Learn more about our services below, and reach out to us today to schedule an appointment with a member of our team.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Back Pain?
The back is divided into multiple regions. The cervical region is at the top, followed by the thoracic region in the middle. Then, the lumbar region is at the bottom, with the sacral region as the tip. The exact causes of back pain can vary depending on the type of condition and its location. Some of the most common causes of back pain include:
- Herniated Disc: The most common place for a herniated disc to take place is between L3 and L4 or between L4 and L5. This can lead to shooting pains that leave your back and travel down your legs. A chiropractor can address a herniated disc and help people recover.
- A Paraspinal Muscle Strain: The paraspinal muscles are on the sides of your spinal column. They are responsible for giving your spine the support it needs. If you have pain on the sides of your spine, you might have a strain of the paraspinal muscles.
- Sciatica: Sciatica refers to irritation and inflammation that involves the sciatic nerve. It runs down the length of the back and divides before traveling down each of the legs. Compression of the sciatic nerve can lead to sciatica, making it hard for someone to stand or walk. This can also cause the legs to feel numb and weak.
- Spinal Stenosis: Spinal stenosis takes place when the spinal canal narrows, compressing many of the nerves as they pass through the spinal column. This can lead to a variety of motor and sensory issues, depending on where the issue is located.
These are just a few of the many causes of back pain. It is important for you to reach out to a chiropractor who can help you diagnose and treat these issues quickly.
How Does Chiropractic Care Help Back Pain?
A chiropractor has a variety of treatment techniques that he or she can use to address back pain. Some of the most common examples include:
- Adjustments: This is the focus of most chiropractic treatment options. A chiropractor can use manual therapy to make sure the vertebrae of the spinal column are in the right position. This is critical for ensuring proper nerve function.
- Decompression: If the vertebrae are too close together, they can pinch the nerves as they leave the spinal column, leading to shooting pains and numbness. A chiropractor can use decompression to alleviate this pressure.
- Corrective Exercises: A chiropractor also wants to prevent these issues from coming back. He or she can recommend corrective exercises that can strengthen vulnerable parts of the body.
A chiropractor can use some or all of these treatment techniques depending on the needs of the patient. Trust Osborne Chiropractic to help you develop a treatment plan that meets your needs.
When Do I Need To See a Chiropractor for Back Pain Relief?
There are a few signs that you need to see a chiropractor for back pain. They include:
- Your back pain is making it hard for you to carry out your daily routine.
- You have been involved in an accident and you want to expedite the recovery process.
- You have chronic back pain that has not responded to other treatment options.
- You want to prevent back pain from coming back while also minimizing complications and side effects.
If you are looking for a chiropractor who can help you address your back pain, then look no further than Osborne Chiropractic.
Contact Osborne Chiropractic Today To Make an Appointment
Back pain is one of the most common reasons why people seek the care of a healthcare professional. Before you go to the operating room, make sure you get your back looked at by a chiropractor.
At Osborne Chiropractic, we have dealt with a wide variety of back concerns, and we are confident that we can help you as well. We do not take a cookie-cutter approach to our patient care. Instead, we customize all of our treatment plans to meet your specific needs. We believe that this puts you in the best possible position to recover while minimizing possible complications and side effects. Contact us today to make an appointment! Or give is a call at (919) 571-7311